Sunday, December 20, 2015

All my children

For the first time in 5 years, all of my children and their families were together.  As their mother, my heart was full of gratitude and peace.  As my family expands, the love they all share for each other expands and the bonds become stronger and closer. 

I was delighted to see the thought and planning that went into the gift exchange.  Each one had thought about the sibling they had to buy for this year, and working within the set budget found things that were perfect for that person or family.  

I had bought a box of celebrations, a box of Quality street chocolates, and a bag of orange pieces.  Those went over very well.   I had found salt and pepper shakers that were things like double decker buses, police boxes, guardsmen, post box and telephone booth.  I also found clocks they could set to "mom time" that had London scenes on it and big ben for my daughter in law per her request.  The grand kids received telephone box and post box money banks, plus the teddy bears I bought in Heathrow airport. One guardsman, one beefeater, one bobby, and paddington.  This way they all had a bit of Britain.  

My children decided to give me things on a British theme-  The essential guide to British Romance: a starter kit. They tried to find a Darcy teddy bear, but had no luck, so they settled on the  the 2 disc set of Pride and Prejudice the keepsake edition and the movie Austenland.  (Fitting since I am close to where Jane Austen lived and have seen her grave) This is to go with my copy of the "pink" Pride and prejudice that I already own.   These plus my one son did  research and managed to have the Rich family crest made into a seal, complete with three types of wax.  I guess so I can write love letters and officially seal them? ;) It is way cool none the less. They are determined I'm going to find a guy with a "hot accent" over there, so they are trying to help me with that endeavor.   Silly kids....  

It was an enjoyable day of chatting and spending time together.  No worries, or hassles, just time together.  Beautiful memories created and shared.  Tues we will all be together again as we welcome the newest member to the family.  Then I don't know when we will all be in the same place at the same time again.  The cost of the plane ticket was worth every moment of this.  My children are my greatest blessing and I am thankful for the wonderful people that they are and their support for each other and for me.  I am truly blessed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment