Sunday, December 27, 2015

The big day

Tues, Dec 22, 2015.  Child #5 was married. She is my fourth one married, still have one to go....   It was a typical Dec day in Utah... snow, the slushy kind.  I'm not one for dressing up, so to be in heels, a dress, fingers done,etc and having to tiptoe through snow (especially while holding up my daughter's train) wasn't my favorite part of the day.  However, it was a beautiful day for a beautiful couple.  

LDS weddings are somewhat different from the typical.  The ceremony takes place in a temple.  It is a sacred building, so no pictures are taken during the ceremony or inside of the building.  We gathered everyone together outside for a couple of quick pictures, then a few of the bride and groom, then dismissed everyone to go to the luncheon.  Wedding party pictures and family pictures would be taken at the reception that evening... inside where it was dry and warm...

The day went smoothly.  Everything important was remembered.  People were able to get to the temple and the reception despite the snow.  Infact the huge storm was slow in hitting, which was good, because Wed morning all of the roads north were closed because of the storm. Had it been when it was supposed to have hit (Tues morning) half of the family would not have been able to make it down, so I am grateful for that miracle. 

After the fun, I loaded everything into my car and took it back to their apt and set up all the gifts under their tree. :)  So for Christmas morning they opened wedding gifts. It was weird on Wednesday I felt like everything was done for the holidays and wedding, and had to remind myself that Christmas was still in two days.... even though mine was finished.  

It has been a wonderful trip and I have loved every moment with my children and family.  Tomorrow I board  a plane to fly back to the UK.  Not sure when I will be back to the states again.  I am grateful for the time I had here and the memories that have been made, and for technology that keeps us close when we are separated by half a world.  

I have a few pictures to share (some I got from her bridesmaid Toree) , but will need to wait for the pics from the photographer for the good ones.   

 Naomi and Trayton Speth outside of the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. 



 pictures of the reception center


 


  
daddy daughter dance and hand off to the groom














No comments:

Post a Comment