Monday, July 25, 2016

Bunnies and Busses

Actually it's just one bunny, but that doesn't flow really well.  So to break up the montenoy of transcribing this last week I (which by the way I finally finished! now the real work begins.....) I dealt with a bunny and busses. 

So my friends are on a family holiday in Portugal, and I'm rabbit sitting.  He knows his routine really well and isn't a problem to watch.  So far he's stayed out of mischief and I only had one day that that he had an attitude.  I can tell he's missing his "mum" but alas there's no help for it.

Busses? Well I have picked up a part time job as a unilink bus ambassador.  AKA when we have large events on campus that need to shuttle people around I help.  This last week was graduation.  So I was working the park and ride.  We collected money for the parking or ticked off their name if they had prepaid online. Told them where they could park in the car park and where to catch the shuttle bus.  The two hottest days of the summer happened to be this week while I was out in the heat dealing with transportation.  It kinda reminded me of other summer jobs I've had in the past..   Heat, public, and no one listens to instructions.... I must admit those two days I came back and vegetated, I think my brain was fried in the heat.  

We'd tell them to go left and pick up the bus down on the left.  Then they would see the regular bus stop and head across the street..... We took turns going over and explaining one more time.... or there was the guy who we gave the bus tickets to and when he got back down to us couldn't find them..... I'm guessing they were still in the car....... One lady complained that we needed to have a card reader...... :/ Most people were friendly  and nice, but didn't really listen to the instructions given. But mostly it was boring, and hot. 

The other highlight of the week was helping my flatmate pack a couple of her suitcases.  Really. The master packer (me) managed to get enough things in and at exactly 23 kilos  that she should only need one more suitcase. :) She was kind of panicking but I told her not to worry, I would make it work.  It's my one really useful skill. 

So.... yeah. that was my exciting week.  Now to start writing the dissertation/thesis and contacting potential supervisors for my PhD.  I think I'll go pet a bunny for a few minutes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment