Monday, July 11, 2016

London

Well it only took me nine months and a super good excuse to finally get me to London.  The excuse?  My little brother singing with the Minnesota Music Ambassadors.  High school Seniors audition from the many high schools in MN and the best save lots of money to go on a European tour in the summer. It just so happens that it was this summer and one of their stops was London.  

I got up early and caught the coach into the London Victoria Coach station.  I got in with plenty of time.... I however was struggling to figure out the train stations and the underground and an all day ticket .... I asked information and he went on about the price if I bought it then because it was the peak time and on and on.  I thanked him, look at Google maps for distance and time... 1 hour 15 mins walking that would put me there when there were starting, so I took off on foot.  I jogged, walked fast, and kept moving which at that point was kinda sad as I hurried past Buckingham palace, The royal courts and I'm not real sure what else trying to get to the other side to the Wesley's Chapel.  I arrived to find that the started early.  Fabulous.

I found the stairs up to the balcony and a seat on the front.  It took me a min or two to actually find my brother, but I did.  This performance ended up as actually more of a workshop performance but the acoustics were good so I set my camera so I could video.  If I had known it would be my best chance to tape him, I would have finished all of the songs stopping or not, but I thought the second venue would be more conducive so I didn't do the last 2 or 3.   I watched him scan up in the balcony (the only place anyone could sit to watch/hear) and I managed to catch his eye to let him know I had actually made it.  When they were finished I went down and chatted with him for about 15 mins before they loaded their buses to the next venue.  They were going to set up and eat there and had down time.  So I walked 45 mins to the Embankment Gardens by the River Thames, and managed to get there as they did.  

I found food, ate and then found him with a group of friends as they finished up their lunches.  He started to chat with me and then looked around at the group who seemed rather confused , then introduced me to them.  We had almost an hour to chat before they performed.  It turned out to be the band concert with the choir thrown in the middle of it singing at the back.... I couldn't see him and because it was an outdoor venue the sound wasn't good for recording.  But I was happy to be able to be there and support him and have some time to chat. 

  After the performance we said goodbye and I had time to kill before my coach left.  It was 30 min walk back to the coach station and I had time to mosey, so I took some pictures I couldn't get on the way in.  I didn't dare stray too far so I saw a few things, but not all of the the usual sights.  I will just have to figure out when I can make a "sightseeing" day into London.  The sights were nice, but the nicest sight was my brother and watching him perform.  For me that was the best part of London. 


The sights of the day:



I don't know how this looks the same from both sides....

 Buckingham Palace



This was my favourite sign of the day:

  



No comments:

Post a Comment